Hi, my name’s Tevin Vassell and I made a thread on improving self esteem and here’s some of my points on how too.
- Be your own person. What I mean by that is, don’t live to please anybody cause you can’t please everyone, even if you tried too. Please don’t be the person to do such a thing.
- Take criticism on the chin. We all have a vision and dreams, and destinations. If people offer criticism that doesn’t suit you well, it’s your choice to take it on the chin and keep moving. Nothing every bit of constructive criticism isn’t constructive. And make sure you weigh the criticism to see if it’s all true for we have different viewpoints so that person could be wrong. It’s your dream!
- Dissipate all negative energy around you, don’t allow negative emotions/people to dictate the way you start seeing yourself. This is the most important thing to remember.
- Don’t compare your path and journey to everyone else’s journey, that’ the worst thing you could possibly do as we start from different places and face different challenges. It’s very important to remember this!
- You need to actually root for yourself and seek to be your own best friend. Don’t denigrate yourself, either in public, or alone.
- Be kind, and patient with yourself. Accept that failures and mistakes are part of everybody’s life. Mistakes are learning curves, you must understand this and not be so hard on yourself.
- This is one of the most important ones, choose to stand up for yourself, and value being assertive, also, decide to start to set and then enforce good boundaries. You need positive energy around you, cause that’s what your mind picks up on and will project the greatest part of you.
I do sessions to help people with these issues, so if you suffer with depression, or any major mental health issues, I’ll help you. I hope this helps you.
Peace & love.
Written by Tevin Vassell
Twitter & Instagram: @TevinVassell